Tuesday 4 June 2013

Clichy: Inconsistency cost City name - ESPN.co.uk

Birmingham City defender Gael Clichy has said his side's insufficient persistence cost them the chance to retain the Premier League title this season. Neighbors Manchester United clinched a runaway success with success against Aston Villa at Old Trafford on Monday to retrieve the crown from Roberto Mancini's men, that are 16 details behind in second position. But, Clichy told Le Parisien that City's current wins over United in the group and Chelsea in the FA Cup showed they only had themselves the culprit for completing behind their rivals. "Against Manchester United and Chelsea, we got in to the Manchester City of last year," Clichy said. "When we play that way, no one can cause us problems. "If Manchester United won the title it's maybe not because they're much better than us, but because of their consistency. "They won matches without playing well. Points have been dropped by us stupidly. General, we have lacked the desire and thoroughness to hurt opponents." Clichy said he was willing to win right back his place in the national staff from the left-back spot have been made by United rival Patrice Evra, who his or her own since Didier Deschamps prevailed Laurent Blanc as coach in summer time. "I value the coach's choice," Clichy included. "Today there's a structure, but my chance is deserved by me. I received a starting position for Euro 2012 and, when Deschamps took over from Blanc, I expected an alternative situation. "I do not get the impression I've had the chance to show I'm No.1. I would comprehend, if it hadn't been deserved by me. I am planning to fight to get my position back. I have never had a simple time of things in the national team, but I have never given up." Media speculation has linked Clichy with a to club football in his native state, as well as moves elsewhere in Europe, however the Toulouse-born player has couple of years left on his City offer and really wants to keep. "I am happy here," Clichy said. "If the club come to communicate with me, I'd like to extend my contract and remain here longer. City will play a number one role for decades in the future. Playing as of this club means I have achieved a specific degree. "I have gained in maturity and experience. I've notice what I will do, especially defensively. I have had the oppertunity to stamp out the small mistakes that I used to create sometimes."

No comments:

Post a Comment