Tuesday 19 March 2013

Duo aspire to make semi-finals - ManUtd.com (news release) (subscription)

18/03/2013 11:14, Report by Adam Marshall Adnan Januzaj and Sean McGinty are expecting United's youngsters press onto clinch a spot in the semi-finals of the inaugural Barclays Under-21 Premier League competition. The two participants satisfied in the 2-0 gain at West Brom at The Hawthorns and combined to break the deadlock in the 84th second when defender McGinty transformed a pinpoint combination by Januzaj. "I think used to do well," Belgian possibility Januzaj told MUTV afterward. "I went one against one and went to the box and found Sean alone. He completed well. "We are happy with the three points and I hope we continue like this." McGinty wasn't only happy with his strike but centered on winning more silverware following last season's profitable campaign at Reserves degree. "It was my first goal this season and so I am happy with that," he stated. "Adnan's done lots of great work down the right-hand side and cut it back to me. I was in the right place at the right time and stuck it home. So I am pleased with that and it's a great gain for the lads. "We have kept a lot of clean sheets lately and have done effectively to obtain two objectives and disappear completely with the three items. I think the game started out rather slowly but we arrived to it much more in the second half and there was plenty of good basketball played by both sides. We had a cutting edge and they were two good finishes - John Cofie got off the counter and did well too [scoring the second goal]. "We are in second position now and are pushing to qualify for the semi-finals so we are really pleased." More: West Brom U21 0 United U21 2

No comments:

Post a Comment