Tuesday 26 March 2013

Title triumph is wanted by van Persie - ESPN.co.uk

Robin van Persie has revealed his goal was to win three awards in his first period with Manchester United, but may settle for winning the Premier League title absent to Arsenal the following month. Van Persie moved to Old Trafford from the Gunners in a A24 million transfer last summer, and has been forced to regulate his goals since United were provided out of the Champions League by Real Madrid over two feet early in the day this month. The striker is currently confident the group leaders may close the domestic title when they perform Manchester City on April 8, or at Arsenal three weeks later. "My goal was to gain the treble," Van Persie is quoted as stating in the Daily Mirror. "I wanted the Premier League, the Champions League and the FA Cup. "Now we only have the double and, yes, I do believe we could gain the name at Arsenal as well as against Manchester City. But I must say I don't care where we win it. I recently wish to seize that league title." A target for United all through his times in the Eredivisie in his homeland, Van Persie says he's now at an age when he can appreciate being at one of many Premier League's greatest clubs. "[Manchester United manager] Sir Alex Ferguson once sent a scout over to Holland to view me when I was a player at Feyenoord. But I was sent off that morning and the scout went back to England with that in his report. "Sir Alex stated that if you ask me when I reached United. He felt I wasn't yet ready for a go on to a huge English membership all those years ago - and he was right. I thought to the employer 'you had been right then, but I am prepared now'," he explained.

Link: Students La Plata - Racing Club - Argentine football

No comments:

Post a Comment