Friday 10 May 2013

Craig Dawson ready to seize place at Gulf Brom - expressandstar. com.

Gulf Brom defender Craig Dawson goes for Norwich on Sunday insisting they are ready for the challenge of ousting the 'Twin Towers' with the team's back four.

The England under-21 international made his bring back to Baggies colours after 11 weeks on loan at Bolton with the impressive display in Tuesday's 1-0 ruin at Manchester City.

Along with the former Rochdale stopper hopes to make use of Sunday's game at Carrow Road along with the clash with Manchester United 1 week later as a launchpad to get a challenge for a first-team position.

But he admitted he or she faces a battle to get ahead of Gareth McAuley and additionally Jonas Olsson who, quick grown timbers . Swede's dip in form in the second half of the growing season, have formed an notable pairing.

Dawson, who played the hub of a new-look back three with the Etihad Stadium, said: "Gareth and Jonas have been top-drawer.

"They have worked well hard, put in the energy, and it's shown over the pitch. So I've just got a chance to keep working hard on the training pitch and show what I'm able to do.

"I want to play quite a few games as I will. I've just got to hold pushing in training. Hopefully I am able to play the next couple of games and put your marker down for up coming season.

"It was great to have Jonas and Gabi Tamas beside me on Tuesday. They also have experience and I think we played the machine quite well.

After helping Bolton climb by a possible relegation fight to help almost reach the Shining play-offs, Dawson found himself facing Carlos Tevez and Edin Dzeko.

He said: "They were champions go on season and I knew it would be a tough game. I found out a few days ago I would get starting.

"In training, we have been working on the shape and the patterns of play. It was subsequently nice to play 85 minutes. "

More Info: FC Luzern - Young Boys Bern - Swiss Super League

No comments:

Post a Comment